The Advancement Department at INSEAD drives alumni engagement and fundraising endeavors, redefining the traditional scope within the dynamic landscape of higher education. Evolving beyond conventional fundraising, we embrace innovative strategies for growth, leveraging technological integration, data analytics, and digital outreach to enhance engagement. Our pursuit involves forging strategic partnerships that expand resource access, while spotlighting impact-driven philanthropy that emphasizes our institution’s societal contributions. At the core of shaping our future, the Advancement Department ensures sustainability, relevance, and impactful community service.
INSEAD seeks an Associate Director of Development Communications to join our Advancement team. This is a full-time, permanent position based at our Europe Campus in Fontainebleau, France.
About the Job
You will play a pivotal role within the INSEAD Advancement team, aligning institutional priorities with the philanthropic interests of our donor community, driving our fundraising efforts and communications. Your responsibilities will encompass overseeing the school’s funding opportunities and development communications, with a specific emphasis on major and principal giving. Success in this role demands the ability to engage thoughtfully with faculty, leadership, and donor colleagues, bringing gravitas, knowledge, and insights to strategic funding discussions.
Collaboration lies at the heart of your role. You will closely partner with the fundraising team, offering support and, when necessary, guidance to achieve fundraising objectives and campaign milestones. Additionally, you will undertake strategic coordination with academic leaders, including the Dean of Faculty, Dean of Research, Associate Dean of Advancement, and Executive Director of Campaign & Advancement, to establish priorities and explore funding opportunities.
Proposals and collaterals
- Conceptualize and oversee the creation of fundraising collaterals and tailored proposals that strongly align with the school's priorities. This includes initiatives like the Dean’s Fund, faculty research, campus renewal, scholarships, and centres focused on critical areas such as sustainability, diversity, inclusion, and innovation.
- Set a benchmark for excellence in these documents, ensuring they resonate with the school’s top donors.
- Establish and champion best practices within the Advancement team, guaranteeing efficient production and delivery of development-related collaterals and fundraising materials.
- Supervise a virtual library of development materials and a proposal tracking system.
Liaison with Deans and other leadership team members
- Collaborate closely with the Dean, the Associate Dean of Advancement, Dean of Faculty, Dean of Research, and other relevant team members in Research, Faculty and Advancement to set priorities and explore funding opportunities.
- Craft compelling cases for support for new research initiatives, Europe Campus Renewal and other institutional priorities.
Collaboration with Fundraising Team
- Collaborate closely with the fundraising team responsible for managing the Annual Fund, major gifts, and principal gifts.
- Offer valuable partnership and guidance to bolster the team's endeavors in reaching their fundraising objectives, ensuring alignment between the school’s priorities and donor interests.
- Serve as an intermediary between the fundraising team and leadership, providing crucial insights into donor interests and perspectives.
- Keep the fundraising team updated on any changes related to funding opportunities, cases for support, proposals, etc., as necessary.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- 7 to 10 years of relevant experience, preferably within an academic institution or non-profit organization.
- Exceptional proficiency in creative writing and editing in English.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite, particularly in Word and PowerPoint for crafting tailored proposals, along with proficiency in tools like PowerBI for effective data management.
- Comprehensive understanding of fundraising and philanthropy within educational institutions.
- Proficiency in project management and directing processes.
- Capacity to interpret intricate and diverse concepts and effectively communicate them to various audiences.
- Ability to engage with leadership and academics, translating complex material for external audiences.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated high levels of integrity, responsibility, and discretion, exhibiting diplomacy and confidentiality in all work-related activities.
- Proven ability to manage tight deadlines, time, and external resources effectively.
- Track record of making a significant impact as a member of a diverse team within a complex, fast-paced, and team-oriented environment.
If you are interested, please send a copy of your CV to [email protected] quoting reference HR3.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.