Associate Director - Student Life
Department: Degree Programmes & Curriculum
Location: Asia Campus
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: 05 August 2019
Deadline: 06 September 2019
As one of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to change lives and to transform organisations. A global perspective and cultural diversity are reflected in all aspects of our research and teaching. With campuses in Europe (France), Asia (Singapore) and the Middle East (Abu Dhabi), INSEAD’s business education and research spans three continents.
The Associate Director, Student Life, holds a key leadership role in the Student Life team with responsibility for Student Life in Singapore for all Degree Programmes. The Associate Director will be responsible for providing local leadership for the execution of strategic initiatives adapted to the local community of Singapore. They will coach and grow the Singapore Student Life team, and will be an authority figure in the Degree Programmes team in Singapore dealing with local student issues. They will contribute to making the Singapore campus a vibrant community for students across Degree Programmes allowing them to fully immerge themselves in the peak transformational leadership experience, while building strong relationships with local internal and external stakeholders.
- Review current services allowing students to settle seamlessly on the programmes and in the community.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders, a high level of students satisfaction, and co-existence with the local community.
- Identify opportunities to digitalize, improve processes and drive integration and synergies on services across Degree Programmes.
- Coach, develop and performance manage team of 3 professionals on the Singapore campus.
- Act as POC for issues arising in Singapore (incl. code of conduct – harassment, bullying…) supporting Associate Dean of Degree Programmes.
- Challenge existing processes and services for optimization. Prioritize globally aligned processes and services.
- In collaboration with team, research alternatives and make recommendations to Global Director, Student Life.
- Continue to strengthen the community in Singapore, and co-create initiatives with the students to improve the cohesiveness of campus life.
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to help secure necessary resources (time, facilities etc…) for student events and activities.
- Continuously strive towards digital solutions, accessing and contributing to INSEAD digital projects through the eyes of the student.
- Constantly engage with students and colleagues on co-creation. Bring recommendations based on user feedback.
- Contribute and execute on Degree Programme wide projects.
- Participate in steering committees, where appropriate, and coach colleagues on project management and other key skills
To be successful in this role, you will have
- At least 8 years experience in a similar role, focused on client/customer satisfaction
- A global mindset, ideally having worked with an international organization
- Ability to be hands on, whilst also being strategic
- Operations and people focused
- Ideally a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in lieu
To be considered for this role, please send a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com quoting reference number HR2
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for this role.