Assistant Director, Career Coaching and Education
Department: Degree Programmes & Curriculum
Location: Europe Campus
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at email@example.com
Posted on: 11 July 2019
Deadline: 19 August 2019
Assistant Director, Career Coaching and Education, Masters in Management
Full-time – Permanent – To be based in Fontainebleau (France)
The world is rapidly and profoundly changing; uncertainty has become the norm, and challenges have emerged on a global scale. Businesses have the ability and the duty to answer these challenges. This conviction is deeply rooted in INSEAD’s DNA. It resonates in our mission: to bring together people, cultures and ideas to develop responsible leaders who transform business and society. The INSEAD Master in Management (MIM) is a continuation of this mission.
To be launched in 2020, the new INSEAD Masters in Management programme will be a 10-month full-time programme with an innovative learning approach and an applied problem-solving orientation. We are now in the process of creating the team that will support the new MiM programme, and one of the crucial elements will be a new position of Assistant Director, Career Coaching and Education within our Career Development Centre (CDC). This is a permanent and full-time role to be based at our Fontainebleau campus.
The Assistant Director will be a vital part of the MiM programme's success as they will educate and coach students to find successful career outcomes after their graduation. They will need to manage a high level of student satisfaction resulting in a high percentage employed post-graduation. This is a new role for a new programme, so being able to deal with a certain amount of ambiguity and being able to build up something from the ground upwards will be key.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building a Career Launch programme.
- Building relevant career workshops - EG: consulting cases, interviews, Linkedin, CV workshop.
- Coach the initial MiM batch of 80 students through the job search strategy process.
- Participate in planning and/or training regarding career treks.
- Help collect employment outcome data.
- Understand and support the career needs of a pre-experience student population.
- Bring experience with online tools in order to build the digital database of Careers content as well as deliver recorded and live webinar sessions.
To be successful in the role you will need to be comfortable with working in a new environment for a new programme which will have a lot of ambiguity within the first year during the primary intake. The MiM student population will also be young and energetic and the Career Coach will need to be able to resonate with such an audience.
The MiM programme will see INSEAD students complete their studies across the different global INSEAD campuses and other locations, so travel will be required occasionally to accompany career treks.
Other skills and experience needed will be:
- Fluent in English with French and/or other languages a strong additional benefit.
- Experienced in the education industry and experienced in the coaching and development of a student population.
- Ability to create coaching programmes, workshops as well as 1-2-1 coaching sessions.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the global talent marketplace.
Possess excellent people care skills and a customer-focused attitude to provide students with what they need.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter (in English) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference HR3.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.