Executive Assistant for INSEAD Africa Initiative (IAI)
Location: Asia Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Temporary - Part Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected]
Posted on: 05 May 2021
Deadline: 23 May 2021
Executive Assistant – INSEAD Africa Initiative
Part-time (2 days a week) – 2 year contract - Based in Singapore
As one of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to change lives and to transform organisations. A global perspective and cultural diversity are reflected in all aspects of our research and teaching. With campuses in Europe (France), Asia (Singapore), the Middle East (Abu Dhabi) and San Francisco, INSEAD’s business education and research spans three continents.
INSEAD is also proud to announce that it will be launching the new INSEAD Africa Initiative (IAI) which will focus on the emerging markets of Africa and the challenges of where business meets society on the continent. The IAI will enhance INSEAD research and teaching on Africa, specifically by studying the matters most important to Africa and the African diaspora.
To support this new initiative, INSEAD’s is looking for a part-time (2 days a week) Executive Assistant on a 2-year contract to ensure the smooth running of the initiative and regular communication efforts. The role is based out of our Asia Campus in Singapore.
The Executive Assistant will provide general administrative and logistical support to ensure the smooth running of the newly created INSEAD Africa Initiative. Working closely with the executive and academic leads of the initiative, you will oversee the office administration of the IAI. This will include providing logistical and scheduling support for the daily activities and events; liaising with IT Services for the creation of IAI’s website and its subsequent management and updating. It will also include preparation of reports, budgeting, filing of expense claims; organizing meetings and reports for IAI advisory committee (when formed); and other similar requirements to support the centre.
• Provide support to IAI’s core team and fellows.
• Prepare materials for internal and external progress reports.
• Manage expense claims and budget reports.
• Track progress of IAI’s sponsored research projects. Schedule, take minutes and prepare reports related to IAI Advisory Committee.
Logistical support for IAI’s activities & events
• Event planning, organizing and implementation.
• Reach out to relevant INSEAD departments, students and other communities to garner awareness and participation.
• Create, update & maintain contents on IAI’s website and social media platforms.
• Oversee the maintenance of IAI’s mailing list.
• Identify appropriate speakers and participants for IAI’s events from the database.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Previous experience in a supporting administrative role.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Flexibility to work part-time.
- Previous knowledge of INSEAD’s activities would be a plus.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter (in English) by e-mail to [email protected] quoting reference HR6.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.