Administrator for the Centre for Organisational Research Position (Part-Time)
Location: Asia Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Temporary - Part Time
Contact: [email protected]
Posted on: 26 March 2021
Deadline: 30 April 2021
Administrator for the Centre for Organisational Research in INSEAD
Research is the core of what we do at INSEAD. As a premier business school that provides world-class business education to leaders all over the world, it is paramount that the knowledge we impart to our students and clients is grounded in rigorous empirical science. As part of our research efforts, INSEAD operates the Centre for Organisational Research (COR), which builds partnerships between the organisational scientists at INSEAD and the business community.
We are currently looking for an Administrator for the Centre for Organisational Research which will be based in Singapore at our campus in one-north. This is a part-time role and is initially being offered as a 1-year contract. The position is open to be filled around June 2021.
The COR Administrator will be expected to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- Manage the online participant recruitment platform (SONA)
- Grow the participant data base and oversee the studies to be run
- Maintain the quality of participant pool
- Maintain the COR website
- Internal Marketing: Inform and promote the services to faculty and researchers
- Work with the Academic Director to establish partnerships with organizations located in Singapore to conduct field studies
As previous COR administrators have successfully entered prestigious PhD programs around the world, this position should be of particular interest to candidates interested in pursuing a PhD and future academic career. Whether the candidate takes this path or not, the position will provide hands-on experience with research methods and opportunities to develop valuable data science and research skills that are applicable to a range of exciting career paths. This role would suit you if you have an interest in behavioural science research in Psychology, Sociology, Organizational Behaviour or Consumer Behaviour.
Location: INSEAD’s Asia campus in Singapore
- Currently in an undergraduate degree programme (especially 3 or 4th year undergraduates) or already hold a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in the social sciences (e.g. psychology, business) preferred.
- Strong written and verbal fluency in English.
- Previous research experience in the social sciences is a strong plus.
- Excellent academic record and work ethic required.
- Coursework and/or experience with analyzing datasets in statistical packages such as STATA, SPSS, R and Python.
- The role will also require some social media skills in order to promote the COR internally and externally.
- The candidate also needs to already have authorization to work in Singapore.
In addition, the candidate should have a combination of the following skills/qualities:
- Is intellectually curious and likes thinking about big ideas
- Enjoys collecting and working with data
- Is able to stay organized and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Is entrepreneurial and pro-active
- Communicates clearly and asks questions early
- Pays strong attention to detail
To apply, please submit (1) a resume (CV), including an email address, (2) academic transcript and (3) a cover letter stating the position you are applying for, your research experience and your interest in this position and (4) writing sample (empirical research preferred). The candidates should also provide the name and contact details of two potential references. Please submit all materials to [email protected].
Please mention the specific job title “COR Administrator (part-time)” in your application.
We shall review applications as they arrive and until the position has been filled. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we shall only contact shortlisted candidates. We shall disregard the applications submitted using other platforms such as Glassdoor, Indeed, etc.
We thank you in advance for your application.
INSEAD welcomes diversity and does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, colour, national origin or ethnic origin.
Protection of personal data:
The personal data (CV, motivation letter, etc.) you communicate to INSEAD will be registered and stored in our database. They will be treated as confidential information and we will not communicate them to third parties under any condition. We will keep your personal data for a period of 1 year in order to be reviewed in case a new opportunity arises within INSEAD. Your data will be deleted after this period.