Administrator for the Centre for Organisational Research and Pre-Doctoral Researcher Position
Location: Asia Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Temporary - Full Time
Contact: [email protected]
Posted on: 26 March 2021
Deadline: 30 April 2021
(This candidate will hold the role of the Administrator for COR and that of Pre-doctoral Researcher)
We are currently looking for the candidate who can be both the Administrator for the Centre for Organisational Research and the Pre-Doctoral Research Associate based in Singapore at our campus in one-north. Details for both roles are as below:
(a) Administrator for the Centre for Organisational Research in INSEAD
Research is the core of what we do at INSEAD. As a premier business school that provides world-class business education to leaders all over the world, it is paramount that the knowledge we impart to our students and clients is grounded in rigorous empirical science. As part of our research efforts, INSEAD operates the Centre for Organisational Research (COR), which builds partnerships between the organisational scientists at INSEAD and the business community.
- Manage the online participant recruitment platform (SONA)
- Grow the participant data base and oversee the studies to be run
- Maintain the quality of participant pool
- Maintain the COR website
- Internal Marketing: Inform and promote the services to faculty and researchers
- Work with the Academic Director to establish partnerships with organizations located in Singapore to conduct field studies
As previous COR administrators have successfully entered prestigious PhD programs around the world, this position should be of particular interest to candidates interested in pursuing a PhD and future academic career. Whether the candidate takes this path or not, the position will provide hands-on experience with research methods and opportunities to develop valuable data science and research skills that are applicable to a range of exciting career paths. This role would suit you if you have an interest in behavioural science research in Psychology, Sociology, Organizational Behaviour or Consumer Behaviour.
(b) Pre-Doctoral Researcher role
In this role, you will work on research projects in close interaction with INSEAD’s faculty, who rank among the best and most research productive in the world. Opportunities to attend research laboratory and presentations, class lectures, and to co-author research papers and cases will be available. You will work with multiple professors who have successfully worked with past junior colleagues who held this position.
Assist business school faculty and conduct research, coordinates information management, develops teaching materials, and work on special projects for INSEAD faculty.
Potential projects include a range of organizational behavior-related topics such as:
- Meta-analysis on topic in organizational behavior, sociology and social psychology
- Manage data collection for experimental studies and field surveys (e.g., person perception, power, status, negotiations, team performance, etc.)
- Meta-analytic examinations of research robustness
- Crowdsourcing research by organizing many laboratories to carry out a collective research effort
The appointment is for one to two years (the contract may be renewed at the end of the first year conditional on a positive evaluation). The candidate could apply to INSEAD’s PhD program after the completion of the Pre-doctoral position. The candidate can of course leave the position at any time with our blessing if admitted to a doctoral program from another institution. The position is open to be filled around June 2021.
Requirements for both roles:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a social science field (e.g. Psychology, business) preferred.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- Previous research experience is a strong plus.
- Excellent academic record and work ethic required.
- Coursework and/or experience with analyzing datasets in statistical packages such as STATA, SPSS, R and Python.
- The role will also require some social media skills in order to promote the COR internally and externally.
- The candidate also needs to already have authorization to work in Singapore.
In addition, the candidate should have a combination of the following skills/qualities:
- Is intellectually curious and likes thinking about big ideas
- Enjoys collecting and working with data
- Is able to stay organized and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Is entrepreneurial and pro-active
- Communicates clearly and asks questions early
- Pays strong attention to detail
To apply, please submit (1) a resume (CV), including an email address, (2) an academic transcript and (3) a cover letter stating the position you are applying for, your research experience and your interest in this position and (4) writing sample (empirical research preferred). The candidates should also provide the name and contact details of two potential references. Please submit all materials to [email protected].
Please mention the specific job title “COR Administrator and Pre-Doctoral Research Associate (Full-Time)” in your application.
We shall review applications as they arrive and until the position has been filled. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we shall only contact shortlisted candidates. We shall disregard the applications submitted using other platforms such as Glassdoor, Indeed, etc.
We thank you in advance for your application.
INSEAD welcomes diversity and does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, national origin or ethnic origin.
Protection of personal data:
The personal data (CV, motivation letter, etc.) you communicate to INSEAD will be registered and stored in our database. They will be treated as confidential information and we will not communicate them to third parties under any condition. We will keep your personal data for a period of 1 year in order to be reviewed in case a new opportunity arises within INSEAD. Your data will be deleted after this period.