Senior Accounts Receivable (AR) Accountant
Location: Europe Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected]insead.edu
Posted on: 13 September 2022
Deadline: 30 September 2022
As one of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to change lives and to transform organisations. A global perspective and cultural diversity are reflected in all aspects of our research and teaching. With campuses in Europe (France), Asia (Singapore), Middle East (Abu Dhabi) and North America (San Francisco), INSEAD’s business education and research spans four continents.
INSEAD is currently looking to hire a Senior Accounts Receivable (AR) Accountant to join our Finance Department. This is a full-time and permanent position that will be based at our Europe Campus in Fontainebleau, France.
Reporting to the Global Accounts Receivable Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Invoicing, cash collecting and accounting of one major revenue stream and of various ad hoc projects to be invoiced from France or from Abu Dhabi.
- Preparing month-end and annual closings reports for 2 campuses.
- Ensuring consistency on Accounts Receivable entries and processes within and across the Europe and Middle East Campuses.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Checking the invoicing requests: Check contract details/enrolment status, invoicing scheme as well as customer details, for self-paying or company customers, check tax matters with Global Tax Director.
- Invoicing: If all inputs are correct, raise manually or using PeopleSoft batch option, the related tax invoices and send them to the customers together with any vendor portal, tax or legal documentation required. Make sure related revenue is properly interfaced/manually recorded in the accounting system (Oracle Finance).
- Monitor the ageing balance: Follow up on deposit/down payment, payment reconciliations, identify doubtful accounts and losses to record.
- Accounting controls: Perform monthly and yearly Accounts Receivable closings for the Europe and ADH Campuses. Make sure all balances match and all accounts are substantiated. Coordinate audit requests for the Europe Campus.
- Focal point for all IT systems issues, make improvement proposals, provide guidance and support on the use of Oracle.
The successful candidate should have the following profile:
- Higher degree in accounting, sales administration or other relevant field
- At least 10 years working experience, and with some relevant experience in an Accounts Receivable function in an international organisation
- Both autonomous and collaborative
- Savvy with IT systems, proficient with Oracle Finance and Peoplesoft
- Capability to work with tight deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and French is required
- Outstanding organizational skills with an ability to multi-task with attention to details
- Excellent communication skills and customer-oriented
- Proficiency in Excel
If you are interested, please send a copy of your CV to [email protected] quoting reference HR1.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.