Accounts Payable Accountant
Location: Europe Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected]
Posted on: 31 August 2022
Deadline: 16 September 2022
As one of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to change lives and to transform organisations. A global perspective and cultural diversity are reflected in all aspects of our research and teaching. With campuses in Europe (France), Asia (Singapore), Middle East (Abu Dhabi) and North America (San Francisco), INSEAD’s business education and research spans four continents.
INSEAD is currently looking to hire an Accounts Payable (AP) Accountant to join our Finance Department. This is a full-time and permanent position that will be based at our Europe Campus in Fontainebleau, France.
Reporting to the Global Accounts Payable Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible with the day to day AP operation. They will be responsible for the accuracy, completeness and timely processing of all AP transactions by ensuring payment processing to vendor is in accordance with the policy. In addition, they will also be an expert of the Pay to Procure (PTP) activities of the department under their charge.
Key Responsibilities will include the following:
- Ensure the invoices are correctly coded and successfully interfaced into our ERP system - Oracle. Assist in the verification and follow up of vendors bank details in order to prepare wire instructions for payments. Review, analyze and respond to internal and external suppliers’ inquiries.
- Ensure Fixed Assets are correctly allocated.
- Ensure VAT and other taxes are correctly allocated.
- Review and identify improvements to the Accounts Payable Process, and areas with possibility for automation.
- Assist with system related initiatives/projects including testing and implementation.
- Verify and process employee expense claims.
- Prepare payment proposal for review and approval. Preparation for urgent payment as required.
- Perform monthly Accounts Payable close activities as needed, such as manual journal entries and assisting the GL Accounting Team with close inquiries. Perform supplier statement of account reconciliations. Prepare accrual & deferral review.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Diploma or Degree in accounting or equivalent.
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in an Accounts Payable function, with strong knowledge on tax regulations, especially for France. Previous experience in a Financial Shared Services for a global company will be preferred.
- Knowledge and Experience in Fixed Assets is a must for this role.
- Experience in supporting process/systems transition.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, and able to partner closely with business units assigned.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written French and English will be preferred.
- Open to working with people from diverse background and culture.
- Some experience with Business Object, Oracle Financial, tools similar to Concur and Basware will be preferred.
- Digitally savvy, Proficient in MS Office.
If you are interested, please send a copy of your CV to [email protected] quoting reference HR1.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.