Research Fellow for the Ethics Initiative at INSEAD
Location: Europe Campus
Contract: Temporary - Full Time
Contact: Renato Botti at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: 28 October 2019
Research Fellow for the Ethics Initiative at INSEAD
Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility are fundamental to the agenda of Business and Society. The Ethics and Social Responsibility Initiative (ESRI) is expanding its activities and research programme, in close liaison with the Hoffmann Global Institute for Business and Society (HGIBS).
ESRI produces research related to ethics, compliance, corporate social responsibility and sustainability, leading to publications in top academic journals. In addition, ESRI supports MBA and executive education teaching initiatives and builds relationships with external stakeholders (including strategic partnerships).
We are looking for a full-time Research Fellow on the INSEAD campus in France. The holder of this position will play a vital role in furthering the development of ESRI. This is a great opportunity to work closely with INSEAD professors across campuses and ESRI Academic Director, Professor N. Craig Smith, INSEAD Chaired Professor of Ethics and Social Responsibility in contributing to ESRI research activities and boost the initiative’s overall agenda and mission.
The role requires the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people, and a drive for quality and excellence. The successful candidate must have an excellent command of English.
- Conduct research with INSEAD faculty
- Research on projects related to ethics, compliance, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability leading to publication in top academic journals. This will constitute at least 50% of the workload overall
- Contribute to the development and dissemination of the research outcomes of ESRI, via journal articles, management publications, and other outreach activities (such as creating website content material)
- Contribute to the positioning of ESRI and help develop a web presence
- Teaching support
- Support INSEAD faculty in developing and delivering MBA and executive education courses and related pedagogical materials.
- PhD in Business Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainable Development, and/or behavioural business disciplines (e.g., Organizational Behaviour, Marketing) are preferred, together with experience on major research issues and challenges of Ethics, Social Responsibility, and Sustainable Development as they relate to business
- All research methodologies are welcome, including lab and field experiments, econometric analyses, ethnography, and others. We are looking for thought-provoking research in the area of ethics and we are indifferent to how it is done
- Experience of working in an international environment is a strong plus
- Excellent academic track record, knowledge of research methodologies, a sound understanding of research, and a good work ethic are required
- Previous research experience is a strong plus
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- Excellent research capabilities
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentational
- Analytical skills and ability to process information on a wide variety of issues
- Ability to manage a complex workload, to plan and prioritise
- Highly proactive, self-motivated, result-oriented, creative and enthusiastic
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Very good networking abilities
- Ability to be self-supporting and pro-active
- Computer and social media literacy is a distinct advantage.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Become part of a highly vibrant and intellectually community in one of the world's leading and largest graduate business schools. At INSEAD, you will work closely with world-class scholars and business leaders.
- A full-time position for one year, with a possibility of renewal after evaluation at the end of the year.
- A compensation package, pension scheme, medical and other social benefits.
To apply, please submit:
- Your cover letter (max. two pages) should outline your suitability and motivation for the role. It should explicitly reference how your profile matches the different job requirements described above.
- A detailed CV with contacts details of two potential references.
- One writing sample (empirical research paper preferred) and your academic grade transcript.
- One page paper outlining a key research challenge for ethics and social responsibility in business today and your views on how ESRI can help tackle it.
Send your complete application to: email@example.com We will review applications as they arrive and until the position is filled. Please mention the specific job title “Research Fellow Ethics Initiative” in your email.
Please, further note that only duly completed applications (CV & Transcript + motivation letter + writing samples + one page views) will be considered. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will only contact shortlisted candidates. We will disregard the applications submitted using other platforms (Glassdoor, Indeed, etc).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data (CV, motivation letter, etc.) you communicate to INSEAD will be registered and stored in our database. They will be treated as confidential information and we will not communicate them to third parties under any condition. We will keep your personal data for a period of 1 year in order to be reviewed in case a new opportunity arises within INSEAD. Your data will be deleted after this period.