SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme - Research Associates
Location: Asia Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Temporary - Full Time
Contact: Cindy Chew at [email protected]
Posted on: 05 October 2020
Deadline: 15 December 2020
SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme - Company Attachments for Mid-Career Individuals
The scheme is open to mid-career candidates who are Singapore citizens or Singapore permanent residents and are currently unemployed. They are graduates which must NOT be from the 2019 and 2020 cohort. This is a full-time position with a 9-month contract.
Senior Research Associates
This position is designed for graduates---who want to gain research experiences or prepare themselves to apply for other graduate degrees, including Master of Science or doctoral degrees, or any other research positions in government research facilities or any other research institutions.
The successful candidates will be working with professors on a various research projects on INSEAD campus in Singapore, in and across these academic areas: Marketing (MKT), Organisational Behaviour (OB) and Strategy (STR). The work environment is highly vibrant and intellectually engaging. The candidate will work closely with world-class scholars at INSEAD. The candidate will also have an opportunity to interact with the pre-doctoral candidates/research staff from other areas, attend a number of workshops/seminars and work in multiple areas.
This traineeship is also good opportunity for students who are keen in pursuing research careers.
The trainees will gain exposure to the following functional areas:
- Research project design
- Library searches and Literature review
- Designing surveys and data management
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Conduct library searches and literature review
- Design experiments, surveys and interviews
- Conduct data collection & interviews
- Data analyses and reporting
- Assist with interpretation, write up and dissemination of findings through the preparation of journal articles and presentations.
- Project managed with external service providers.
Competencies trainee will learn during SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme:
- Active participation in the research project planning process, including developing research goals, objectives and empirical testing
- Build surveys and interviews and administering these to participants
- Research Data Analysis
- Develop writing, analytical and methodological skills
- Develop interpersonal & communication skills
- Gain critical thinking skills and prepare them for a career in research or PhD
- At least a Degree Bachelor's or Master’s degree in economics, business, statistics, mathematics, finance, computer science, or engineering preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Experience with SPSS / STATA / statistical software, R or Python
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English
- Hardworking, responsible and has initiative and good work ethics
TO APPLY, you need to login to apply at the Mycareers future portal.
- As you can also submit one document in this portal, please combine your cover letter, resume and transcripts into one pdf file.
- You are also welcome to submit your application to [email protected].
- Your cover letter (max. two pages) should outline your suitability and motivation for the role.
- A detailed CV with contacts details of two potential references.
- A copy of your academic grade transcripts
Please mention the specific job title “Senior Research Associates” in your application. We shall review applications as they arrive and until the positions are filled. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we shall only contact shortlisted candidates. We shall disregard the applications submitted using other platforms such as Glassdoor, Indeed, etc.
INSEAD welcomes diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, colour, national origin or ethnic origin.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data (CV, motivation letter, etc.) you communicate to INSEAD will be registered and stored in our database. They will be treated as confidential information and we will not communicate them to third parties under any condition. We will keep your personal data for a period of 1 year in order to be reviewed in case a new opportunity arises within INSEAD. Your data will be deleted after this period.