SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme - Statistical Data and Analytics Specialist (SDAS)
Location: Asia Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Temporary - Full Time
Contact: Cindy Chew at [email protected]
Posted on: 05 October 2020
Deadline: 15 November 2020
SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme - Company Attachments for Mid-Career Individuals
The scheme is open to mid-career candidates who are Singapore citizens or Singapore permanent residents and are currently unemployed. They are graduates which must NOT be from the 2019 and 2020 cohort. This is a full-time position with a 9-month contract.
Statistical Data and Analytics Specialist (SDAS)
This position is designed for graduates---who want to gain research experiences or prepare themselves to apply for other graduate degrees, including Master of Science or doctoral degrees, or any other research positions in government research facilities or any other research institutions.
The successful candidates will be working with professors on various research projects in INSEAD’s academic area of Technology and Operations Management (TOM) (more info about TOM at this link). The work environment is highly vibrant and intellectually engaging. The candidate will work closely with world-class scholars at INSEAD. The candidate will also have an opportunity to interact with the pre-doctoral candidates/research staff from other areas, attend a number of workshops/seminars and work in multiple areas.
The candidate will work in particular on data analysis, business analytics, data management, online experiments, and/or software development projects. Responsibilities could include data scraping and cleaning; data analysis; literature survey; scoping, designing, and developing methods and core software systems with direction from research staff; participating in effective product-engineering development practices and adapting workflow for a mixed research/production setting; and productionizing, maintaining, and troubleshooting software in support of projects.
The candidate will get great insights on developing new features, methodologies, modelling and simulation software tools stemming from the TOM research area. It will be a great opportunity for students who are keen in pursuing research careers or a career in consulting in the Information Technology sector.
The trainees will gain exposure to the following functional areas:
- Data collection and preparation/wrangling
- Data analysis and reporting
- Working with Big Data
- Econometric modelling/causal inference
- Research project design and literature survey
- Programming skills development.
- Assist with quantitative and qualitative research projects
- Data management, model simulation and programming
- Build prototype systems, software, and simulations
- Extract data from websites, databases or company documents for analysis
- Perform statistical data analysis including running regressions
- Assist with interpretation, write up and dissemination of findings through the preparation of journal articles and presentations
- Project managed with external service providers.
Competencies trainee will learn during SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme:
- Active participation in the research project planning process, including developing research goals, objectives and empirical testing
- Research Data Analysis
- Develop writing, analytical and methodological skills
- Develop interpersonal & communication skills
- Gain critical thinking skills and prepare them for a career in research or PhD
- Participate in research-related events such as seminars and workshops to stay connected with the frontiers of the fields
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer science, Operations Research, Engineering, , Management or Business Science preferred
- Development experience in R or Python (knowledge of SQL, Mathematica, Maple, or Matlab is a plus; knowledge of optimization software like CPLEX or XPRESS is a plus)
- Knowledge of data analytics and (ideally) econometrics and machine learning tools
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Prior research experience a plus
- Familiarity with GitHub is a plus
- Passion for technology and innovation
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English
- Hardworking, responsible and has initiative and good work ethics
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
TO APPLY, you need to login to apply at the Mycareers future portal.
- As you can also submit one document in this portal, please combine your cover letter, resume and transcripts into one pdf file.
- You are also welcome to submit your application to [email protected].
- Your cover letter (max. two pages) should outline your suitability and motivation for the role.
- A detailed CV with contacts details of two potential references.
- A copy of your academic grade transcripts
Please mention the specific job title “Senior Research Associates” in your application. We shall review applications as they arrive and until the positions are filled. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we shall only contact shortlisted candidates. We shall disregard the applications submitted using other platforms such as Glassdoor, Indeed, etc.
INSEAD welcomes diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, colour, national origin or ethnic origin.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data (CV, motivation letter, etc.) you communicate to INSEAD will be registered and stored in our database. They will be treated as confidential information and we will not communicate them to third parties under any condition. We will keep your personal data for a period of 1 year in order to be reviewed in case a new opportunity arises within INSEAD. Your data will be deleted after this period.