SGUnited Traineeship Scheme - Research Associates
Location: Asia Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Temporary - Full Time
Contact: Cindy Chew at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: 20 July 2020
Deadline: 16 August 2020
SGUnited Traineeship Scheme
The scheme is open to graduates from 2019 and 2020 (and have yet to secure a full-time job) including the upcoming graduating cohort from 2020; and who are Singapore citizens and permanent residents. This is a full-time position with 12 months contract.
These positions are designed for graduates from 2019 and 2020 (and have yet to secure a full-time job) including the upcoming graduating cohort from 2020 and want to gain research experiences and prepare themselves to apply for other graduate degrees, including master of science or doctoral degrees in business administration, or any other research positions in government research facilities or any other research institutions.
The successful candidates will be working with professors on a various research projects on INSEAD campus in Singapore, in and across these nine academic areas: Accounting (ACC), Decision Sciences (DSC), Economics and Political Science (EPS), Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise (EFE), Finance (FIN), Marketing (MKT), Organisational Behaviour (OB), Strategy (STR) and Technology-Operations Management (TOM). The work environment is highly vibrant and intellectually engaging. The candidate will work closely with world-class scholars at INSEAD. The candidate will also have an opportunity to interact with the pre-doctoral candidates/research staff from other areas, attend a number of workshops/seminars and work in multiple areas.
This traineeship is also good opportunity for students who are keen in pursuing research careers or a career in consulting.
The trainees will gain exposure to the following functional areas:
- Research project design
- Library searches and Literature review
- Designing surveys and data management
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Conduct library searches and literature review
- Design experiments, surveys and interviews
- Conduct data collection & interviews
- Data analyses and reporting
- Assist with interpretation, write up and dissemination of findings through the preparation of journal articles and presentations.
- Project managed with external service providers
Competencies trainee will learn during SGUnited Traineeship Programme:
- Active participation in the research project planning process, including developing research goals, objectives and empirical testing
- Build surveys and interviews and administering these to participants
- Research Data Analysis
- Develop writing, analytical and methodological skills
- Develop interpersonal & communication skills
- Gain critical thinking skills and prepare them for a career in research or PhD
- At least a Degree
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with SPSS / STATA / statistical software, R or Python
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English
- Hardworking, responsible and has initiative and good work ethics
Please submit the followings to email@example.com.
- Your cover letter (max. two pages) should outline your suitability and motivation for the role. Please also state the academic area(s) which you would like to work in and rank them if there are more than one areas.
- A detailed CV with contacts details of two potential references.
- A copy of your academic grade transcripts
Please mention the specific job title “Research Associates” in your application. We shall review applications as they arrive and until the positions are filled. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we shall only contact shortlisted candidates. We shall disregard the applications submitted using other platforms such as Glassdoor, Indeed, etc.
INSEAD welcomes diversity and does not discriminate based on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, colour, national origin or ethnic origin.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data (CV, motivation letter, etc.) you communicate to INSEAD will be registered and stored in our database. They will be treated as confidential information and we will not communicate them to third parties under any condition. We will keep your personal data for a period of 1 year in order to be reviewed in case a new opportunity arises within INSEAD. Your data will be deleted after this period.