Research Analyst / Associate - INSEAD (GPEI)
Department: Faculty & Research
Location: Asia Campus
Contract: Temporary - Part Time
Contact: Cindy Chew at email@example.com
Posted on: 31 October 2019
Deadline: 15 November 2019
As one of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to change lives and to transform organisations. A global perspective and cultural diversity are reflected in all aspects of our research and teaching. With campuses in Europe (France), Asia (Singapore) and the Middle East (Abu Dhabi), INSEAD’s business education and research spans three continents.
INSEAD’s PE & VC centre is looking for a diligent and proactive Research Analyst/ Associate to generate a regular flow of topical & timely research for the centre.
This position is a 12-month contract, and we are able to consider candidates who can work reduced or part time hours. The Research Analyst/ Associate will report to the Centre Director.
· Collect primary and secondary data for GPEI research efforts
· Come up with structures/ frameworks/ models to analyze and interpret data
· Write topical & timely research articles on a regular basis (2 x year)
· Offer support for larger annual research project of GPEI (1 x year)
· Put together a list of relevant PE & VC news articles/ publications (1 x weekly)
· Provide support for the writing of case studies
· Liaise with Library/ other RAs/ Centres to understand other INSEAD research efforts and approaches
· Communicate with & interview industry professionals for data collection & idea generation purposes
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Computer science, Engineering, Management or Business Science are preferred
· Good grasp of the Finance area
· Fluency in written and oral English.
· Curious mind who is eager to learn and is able to frame the right questions
· Self-starter, independent with ability to drive projects and take on responsibility
· Proactive and meticulous
· Proficient in Excel (pivot tables, vlookup etc.)
· Preferable to have strong data analytics skills
Working for GPEI, under the supervision of Professor Claudia Zeisberger, is a true opportunity for anybody passionate about the PE & VC industry. Learning from a thought leader, engaging with industry players and having access to data will allow the Research Analyst/ Associate to conduct relevant and meaningful research.
We look forward to hiring you as a new member of INSEAD’s vibrant research community and engaging in relevant work that bridges the gap between academia and the industry.
To apply, please submit:
- Your cover letter (max. two pages) should outline your suitability and motivation for the role. It should explicitly reference how your profile matches the different job requirements described above.
- A detailed CV with academic grade transcript.
- One writing sample (empirical research paper preferred).
Send your complete application to: firstname.lastname@example.org We will review applications as they arrive and until the position is filled. Please mention the specific job title “Research Analyst / Associate - INSEAD (GPEI)” in your email.
Please, further note that only duly completed applications (CV & Transcript + motivation letter + writing samples) will be considered. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will only contact shortlisted candidates. We will disregard the applications submitted using other platforms (Glassdoor, Indeed, etc).
You should also provide the names and contact details of two potential referees. Please use “Research Analyst / Associate - INSEAD (GPEI)” as your email subject. We will review applications as they arrive and until the position is filled.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data (CV, motivation letter, etc.) you communicate to INSEAD will be registered and stored in our database. They will be treated as confidential information and we will not communicate them to third parties under any condition. We will keep your personal data for a period of 1 year in order to be reviewed in case a new opportunity arises within INSEAD. Your data will be deleted after this period.