PRE-DOCTORAL RESEARCHER POSITION FOR EFE / STR AREAS
Department: Faculty & Research
Location: Asia Campus
Contract: Temporary - Full Time
Contact: Cindy Chew at email@example.com
Posted on: 06 June 2019
Deadline: 06 July 2019
The Entrepreneurship & Family Enterprise (EFE) and Strategy (STR) areas at INSEAD are seeking a full-time Pre-doctoral research associate for our campus in Singapore. The candidate should be a recent university or master’s graduate. The work environment is highly vibrant and intellectually engaging. The candidate will work closely with world-class scholars at INSEAD. The candidate will also have an opportunity to interact with the pre-doc candidates/RAs from other areas and attend a number of workshops/seminars (on audit basis). Candidates who intend to apply to leading PhD programs in Entrepreneurship, Strategy, Management or related fields in the future will find this experience especially fruitful and rewarding. Our recent pre-doc researchers have been admitted to PhDs at Stanford, Kellogg School of Management, INSEAD, London School of Economics, among others.
The Research Associate will work with and assist professors to successfully initiate and conduct research projects. Specifically, the work tasks may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Assist in quantitative and qualitative data gathering, which may include tasks such as:
- Designing and preparing experimental materials
- Building surveys
- Administering surveys to online participants
- Administering studies to lab participants
- Interviewing participants
Process and analyze data, which may include:
- Experimental data collected in the lab or online
- Panel or survey data (large datasets)
- Data collected through web-scraping and other tools
- Qualitative and quantitative data coding
Maintain databases; extract and present summary statistics on short notice.
Assist with literature reviews and prepare research presentation material (e.g. creating professional graphs and diagrams).
Regularly update and communicate with professors about ongoing projects; brainstorm about new methods and new projects.
Experience with these tasks is preferred but not required. The successful candidate must have an open mind and an eagerness to learn. Training for many tasks will be provided, but the RA will also need to learn new skills independently.
We offer a full-time position for one year, with a possibility of renewal after evaluation at the end of the year.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree. Degrees in economics, sociology, computer science, business, management, statistics, social sciences, mathematics, or engineering are preferred.
- Excellent academic record.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Experience with analyzing large datasets/big data
- Proficient use of software packages such as Python, R, SAS, and/or Stata/SPSS.
- Preferred: Previous research experience
- Preferred: Programming skills
To apply, please submit a CV and a cover letter describing your research experience, motivation and skills to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also add a writing sample (empirical research paper preferred) and your academic grade transcript. You should also provide the names and contact details of two potential referees. Please use “Pre-doctoral research associate EFE/STR areas” as your email subject. We will review applications as they arrive and until the position is filled. We will disregard the applications submitted using other platforms (Glassdoor, Indeed, etc).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data (CV, motivation letter, etc.) you communicate to INSEAD will be registered and stored in our database. They will be treated as confidential information and we will not communicate them to third parties under any condition. We will keep your personal data for a period of 1 year in order to be reviewed in case a new opportunity arises within INSEAD. Your data will be deleted after this period.