Writer - HGIBS Institute
Location: Asia Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition at email@example.com
Posted on: 12 June 2019
Deadline: 05 July 2019
As one of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to change lives and to transform organisations. A global perspective and cultural diversity are reflected in all aspects of our research and teaching. With campuses in Europe (France), Asia (Singapore) and the Middle East (Abu Dhabi), INSEAD’s business education and research spans three continents.
Working for the Hoffmann Global Institute for Business and Society (HGIBS), the job holder will be responsible for sourcing, writing and editing content in a number of formats including online/offline media options.
Working closely with both the Institute Executive Director and the Communications Department, you will notably be managing the Institute’s content outreach in order to pitch and secure quality coverage, and subsequently promote achievements both internally and externally.
- To raise awareness of the Institute’s activities and impact
- Produce compelling articles, blog posts, brochures, reporting on the Institute’s key activities (events, research etc) and convey them to a broad audience (including decision makers) in an engaging way.
- Assist with drafting the Institute’s annual reports (Institutional report, Donors report, Sustainability Report)
- Assist faculty and associated INSEAD experts working on Business & Society themes with pitching/adapting research findings to external publications.
- Responsible for building relationships with editors and key stakeholders to promote coverage through a mix of press content, social media and short form articles for INSEAD Knowledge.
To be successful in this role you will
- Excel in writing and publishing
- Have strong ability to pitch and promote complex content to the broader public.
- Capable of understanding academic research and identifying story angles
- Be detail-oriented, creative and interested in Business and Society themes.
- Able to and be familiar with working in global teams and remotely.
University degree, preferably in liberal arts with working knowledge of economics and business (understanding business terminology).
At least 5-8 years’ experience as a journalist/ editor/ producer with an international news organisation, online content portal or publication. Background in business news journalism, public relations, public relations consulting, social media or online content helpful; ability to work well and accurately under pressure/ deadlines and ability to work independently and remotely.
Strong writing/ editing skills. Project management.
To be considered for this role, please send a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number HR6
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted