Category Lead, Campus Operations and Events
Location: Europe Campus
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Europe at email@example.com
Posted on: 05 April 2019
Deadline: 04 May 2019
INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to develop responsible leaders who transform business and society. As a mission-driven school, INSEAD focuses on three values: open, rigorous, and entrepreneurial. Founded on a commitment to innovation in management education, INSEAD was the first international business school, introduced the first one-year MBA, pioneered company specific executive education, and has developed a unique fully integrated multi-continent campus structure. Today, no more than 10% of the incoming MBA class comes from one country – we truly are the Business School for the World.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new Global Procurement function as a Category Lead, Campus Operations and Events (permanent, full time contract).
Based from INSEAD’s Europe campus, France, and reporting into the Global Director of Procurement, this newly created post will be responsible for management of procurement process and operations addressing global school spend across all of our campuses and facilities and on/off campus events. As part of the Procurement Management Team, they will define and execute relevant spend category management strategies addressing in excess of €25m of spend, meeting school procurement targets and ensure that goods and services are sourced effectively to meet school requirements.
They will be a key point of contact for in excess of 1,000 global suppliers with the ability to consolidate and nurture supplier partnerships to optimize school costs and increase value in support of the school’s strategy, brand and standing.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- very strong relationship management; able to influence and deliver impactful internal change management in the establishment of procurement practices whilst building strong partnerships across suppliers
- a good knowledge of Facilities Management procurement and manage a mix of Service supply contracts, including security, catering, repair and maintenance as well as new build and renovation contracts with a large Capex component
- sector and market awareness across key goods and services and a track record of optimising supplier arrangements whilst driving increased value through partnership.
- The ability to influence at all levels and experience in engaging business users in implementing and optimising new procurement processes
They will also possess:
- Degree in finance, economics or corporate governance or closely related field. Chartered Surveyor or Architectural qualifications a strong advantage, membership of a professional procurement body also an advantage
- 5 + year’s minimum experience of operating across Campus Service procurement, New Build, renovation and buildings maintenance contracts. Demonstrable experience in forming and executing Spend Category management through supplier performance management
- Experience of contracting for large construction transformation projects in the region of up to €100m
- Experience in managing service contracts including buildings maintenance, people-based services including security, service desk and catering based contracts in the region of €1-2m per annum
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance laws and regulations across Europe, MEA and Singapore
- Understanding of Procure to Pay systems, process optimization and how to leverage new technologies (ML / AI) in the automation of high-volume low value procurement activities
- Project Management background, ability to define, manage, effectively galvanize and communicate and execute using known project management methodologies
- Experience in managing global teams and workloads through virtual communication and collaboration tools
- Executive level presence with high level communications and interpersonal skills in a multicultural environment
- Collaborative and positive influencer within Management team, ability to explore all options and then take collective accountability and action
- Bilingual English, working French language a plus
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to
Talent Acquisition Europe
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified and valid working papers are mandatory.