The Supply Chain Challenge
Purchasing and value creation
Areas: Supply chain
Authors: Youssef F. Bissada, Emeritus professor of Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise
Minimum time required: 5 hours
The Supply Chain Challenge is a standalone fully computerised business simulation developed to improve managers understanding of the contribution the supply chain function makes to value creation.
- Enhance awareness concerning the supply chain and the different functions involved mainly Purchasing and Production
- Introduce the value creation concept, show its impact on company valuation and demonstrate the contribution made by the supply chain.
Secondary benefits of the exercise
- Networking among participants.
- Getting acquainted with the supply function performance objectives and means of achieving them.
- Practical and hands-on approach to a new and unfamiliar financial tool based on decision making material from participants' daily jobs.
- Fun and competitive "game" method of learning.