Phone: 65 6799 5109
Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Applied Game Theory, Applied Probability, Inventory Theory, Marketing-Operations Interface, Finance-Operations Interface, Decision Support Systems
Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Inventory Management, Probability Theory, Decision Support Systems
Aerospace & Defence, Chemicals, Electronic & Electrical Equipment, Engineering & Machinery, Household Goods & Textiles, Information Technology, Leisure, Entertainment & Hotels, Retailing
Nils Rudi's research is in operations management with overlap to information systems, marketing and finance. He has been focusing on supply chain management and how one can use different strategies (e.g., variety postponement, real options, flexibility, financial hedging and incentive structures) to better handle demand uncertainty. Journals where his research has appeared include Interfaces, Journal of Management Information Systems, Management Science, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Operations Research and Supply Chain Management Review.
After high school, Nils worked for three years as a computer programmer of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems at Movex. He then formed Minard, specializing in decision support systems for forecasting and inventory management. Minard did an IPO and went public on the Oslo Stock Exchange (Norway) in 1996. Other work experience range from consulting for firms in a wide variety of industries to negotiating professional football contracts.
Nils studied part time for a B.S. degree in computer science at Molde College (Norway), and holds a Ph.D. in operations management from University of Pennsylvania.
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Strategic Investments, Trading and Pricing under Forecast Updating - Management Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Inventory Competition and Incentives to Back-order - IIE Transactions
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Supply Chain Choice on the Internet - Management Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - An Empirical Examination of the Decision to Invest in Fulfillment Capabilities: A Study of Internet Retailers - Management Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Resource Flexibility with Responsive Pricing - Operations Research