Phone: +65 6799 5253
International Business, National Business Systems/Varieties of Capitalism, East Asia (esp. China, Japan and Korea), Western Europe
Strategies for Asia-Pacific, International Political Analysis, Various Executive Education Modules
Professor Witt teaches and researches international business at INSEAD and is an Associate in Research at Harvard's Reischauer Institute. He is primarily based in Singapore.
His research and teaching focuses on international differences in business and management, how these differences affect firms, and how firms should respond and adapt.
Professor Witt has published four major books, including The Oxford Handbook of Asian Business Systems (2014, Oxford U. Press), The Future of Chinese Capitalism (2007, Oxford U. Press), and Changing Japanese Capitalism (2006, Cambridge U. Press). His academic research has appeared or is forthcoming in leading publications, including the Business Ethics Quarterly, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Management Studies, Journal of World Business, Management and Organization Review, Socio-Economic Review, and Strategic Management Journal.
Professor Witt is former Editor-in-Chief of Asian Business & Management, a major academic journal on business and management in the Asian context, and serves as Senior Editor of the Management and Organization Review. Honors received include a prestigious Humboldt Fellowship.
At INSEAD, he is the Program Director of International Management in Asia Pacific, a senior executive open-enrolment program on succeeding in business in Asia.
Professor Witt holds a Ph.D. and M.A. from Harvard University and an A.B. from Stanford University. He has lived in China, France, Germany, Japan, Korea, Singapore, and the United States.
For research and teaching details and access to papers, please click on "Personal Website" on top of this page or visit his ResearchGate profile profile.
- Journal Articles - Corporate Governance and IPO Underpricing in a Cross-National Sample: A Multi-Level Knowledge-Based View - Strategic Management Journal
- Journal Articles - Configurations of Capacity for Change in Entrepreneurial Threshold Firms: Imprinting and Strategic Choice Perspectives - Journal of Management Studies
- Books - The Oxford Handbook of Asian Business Systems - Oxford University Press
- Journal Articles - Asian Business Systems: Institutional Comparison, Clusters and Implications for Varieties of Capitalism and Business Systems Theory - Socio-Economic Review
- Journal Articles - The Spirits of CSR: Senior Executive Perceptions of the Role of the Firm in Society in Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, and the United States - Socio-Economic Review
- Books - Asian Business and Management (eight volume set in the SAGE Library in Business and Management) - Sage
- Journal Articles - Culture, Meaning, and Institutions: Executive Rationale in Germany and Japan - Journal of International Business Studies
- Journal Articles - China's Business System and its Future Trajectory - Asia Pacific Journal of Management
- Journal Articles - Crossvergence Ten Years on: Impact and Further Potential - Journal of International Business Studies
- Books - The Future of Chinese Capitalism: Choices and Chances - Oxford University Press
- Journal Articles - Outward Foreign Direct Investment as Exit Response to Home Country Institutional Constraints - Journal of International Business Studies
- Books - Changing Japanese Capitalism: Societal Coordination and Institutional Adjustment - Cambridge University Press