Phone: 65 6799 5336
Management of Innovation, Learning in Organisations, Project and Process Management, Entrepreneurship
Process and Operations Management, Strategic R&D Management, Learning and Innovation, Project and Process Management, Use of Business Simulations in Corporate Education
Michael Pich is Dean of Executive Education at INSEAD, a leading international business school with campuses in Singapore, France and Abu Dhabi. Prior to his appointment as Dean, he was a Senior Affiliate Professor in Operations Management, and Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise. He received his PhD in Operations Research from the School of Engineering at Stanford University, his MS in Forestry from the School of Forestry and Environmental Studies at Yale University, and his BS in Natural Resource Management from the University of Idaho. Professor Pich is an experienced director of executive education programs addressing the needs of executives transitioning from a functional to a general management position. He is also an experienced director of company specific programs targeting the leadership pipeline of both large global and small local organizations.
Professor Pich’s research, teaching and consulting activities have spanned the globe, taking him to Russia, China, Japan, Korea, Europe, SE Asia and North America. He has worked with a number of corporations in the areas of innovation, project management, operations, and change management. He has been a programme director for several executive education programmes at INSEAD, including the International Executive Programme, the Transition to General Management Programme, and Management Acceleration Programme, in addition to numerous company specific programmes for leading global and local businesses. Previous clients include adidas, GE Capital, Alcatel-Lucent, IBM, The BOC Group, SingTel/Optus, OCBC, Bank Mandiri, Danamon, PermataBank, Hana Financial, and Pertamina. His teaching and research interests include the management of innovation, learning in organizations, project and process management, and entrepreneurship. Professor Pich specialises in the use of business simulations in corporate education.
In 2015 he wrote Becoming a Top Manager: Tools and Lessons in Transitioning to General Management (Wiley) co-authored with Kevin Kaiser and I.J. Schecter.
- BOOKS - Becoming A Top Manager: Tools and Lessons in Transitioning to General Management - Wiley
- BOOKS - Managing the Unknown: A New Approach to Managing High Uncertainty and Risk in Projects - Wiley
- CASE STUDIES - Process Control at Compaq Computer Corp. (B): Computer Simulations - Promodel
- CASE STUDIES - Process Control at Compaq Computer Corp. (A): Understanding the Build-to-Order Decision
- CASE STUDIES - Ten Years of Supply Chain Evolution at HP
- CASE STUDIES - System Access Pte Ltd.
- CASE STUDIES - Knowledge Dynamics
- CASE STUDIES - AlliedSignal Aerospace Repair & Overhaul (Singapore)