Strategy, Finance, Marketing
Jean earned a B.Sc. in Economics from the London School of Economics & Political Science, in the UK, where she was a recipient of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) scholarship, and an MBA from the Nanyang Technological University in Singapore, where she received the Accenture Gold Award for Strategic Management. She also earned the title of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
Jean first came to us too, with considerable work experience, and in a variety of roles.
She started as Journalist, and then went on to be Money Market Officer with the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS); Assistant Vice President, Treasury, at the UFJ Bank (previously Sanwa Bank Ltd., Singapore Branch); Senior Economist with the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC); Fixed Income Investment Manager at the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC); and Risk Manager/Researcher and Senior Researcher at the Volatility Research & Trading Pte Ltd.
Since 2006, Jean has worked with INSEAD as an award-winning external Case Study Writer.
She is now down to be with us as an in-house resource in the F&R department, assisting faculty members across campuses with their INSEAD Case Writing and teaching notes.
See Jean’s cases on INSEAD Case Publishing web pages.
- Case Studies - Steel Partners: Hedge Fund Activism in Japan
- Case Studies - Tata Swach: Making Clean Water Affordable in India
- Case Studies - Hyflux Ltd: Progressive Project Financing
- Case Studies - Aquasure: Project Finance - Victorian Desalination Plant
- Case Studies - Public-Private Partnerships (A): The Project Financing of the Indiana Toll Road
- Case Studies - Dürr: Disintermediation in the German Mid-cap Corporate Bond Market
- Case Studies - Irish Schools: Sovereign Risk in Social Infrastructure PPP
- Case Studies - Healthy Oils India: Cooking Up a Success in the Indian Edible Oils Market
- Case Studies - BTS Skytrain Carve-Out: The Return of the Infrastructure Trust Fund
- Case Studies - New Royal Adelaide Hospital: Australia’s Largest Health PPP
- Case Studies - Arogya Parivar: Novartis' BOP Strategy for Healthcare in Rural India
- Case Studies - Fabindia: Branding India’s Artisanal Crafts for Mass Retail
- Case Studies - Aarong: Social Enterprise for Bangladesh's Rural Poor
- Case Studies - BASIX: Microfinance is But a Part of the Solution
- Case Studies - Microfinance at Credit Suisse: Linking the TOP with the BOP