Phone: 65 6799 5435
Revenue Management, Supply Chain Contracting, Finance-Operations Interface, Game Theory
PhD - Optimization, MBA - Process & Operations Management, MBA - Dynamic Pricing and Revenue Management
Dana Popescu holds a PhD in Operations Management from New York University’s Stern School of Business.
Professor Popescu’s research is focused on analyzing and improving the pricing and capacity management decisions of the firm, in particular by understanding how product, market or process characteristics impact these decisions.
Her research is positioned at the intersection of operations, decision sciences, marketing, and economics and has been published in top journals in the field of operations management, such as Management Science, Operations Research and Naval Research Logistics. Most of her projects have a strong industry application. In the recent past she was involved in projects on media scheduling and revenue optimization for television networks in US and Singapore. Her most recent interests relate to how advances in automation and information technology are changing the way pricing decisions are made, in real time, based on the latest information on demand, inventory, and competitors' prices.
At INSEAD, professor Popescu teaches the Process and Operations Management MBA core course, the Pricing Analytics MBA elective, the PhD courses in Optimization and the Modeling Workshop.
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Ad Revenue Optimization in Live Broadcasting - Management Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Optimal Contracts for Outsourcing Proactive and Reactive Maintenance - Operations Research
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Demand Uncertainty and Excess Supply in Commodity Contracting - Management Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Technical Note: An Improved Range Chart for Normal and Long-tailed Symmetrical Distributions - Naval Research Logistics
- BOOK CHAPTERS - Inventory Management in the E-Commerce Environment - Wiley
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Kurtosis Correction Method for X bar and R Control Charts for Long-tailed Symmetrical Distributions - Naval Research Logistics