Phone: +33 1 60 72 92 25
Process & Operations Management, Big Data & Analytics, Operations Management in Emerging Markets, Sustainability in Business Operations
Operations Management, Business Sustainability, Supply Chains in Emerging Markets
Andre Calmon is an Assistant Professor of Technology and Operations Management at INSEAD. His research involves using analytics and mathematical modeling to address sustainability and efficiency issues in supply chains. He also studies operations management and marketing challenges faced by both for-profit and non-profit sectors in emerging markets. More generally, Andre investigates how operational excellence and innovative business models can help organizations generate positive social and environmental impact while still being profitable.
Andre's teaching focuses on the relationship between operations management, business model innovation, and sustainability. He has won INSEAD MBA's Best Teacher Award and has received INSEAD's "Dean's Commendation for Excellence in MBA Teaching" multiple times.
Andre does analytics and operations management consulting for companies in North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America. He also advises start-ups located on various continents.
Andre holds a Ph.D. in Operations Research from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He also holds an M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from the Universidade Estadual de Campinas (Unicamp) and a B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from the Universidade de Brasília (UnB).
- Working Papers - Revenue Management with Repeated Customer Interactions
- Journal Articles - Inventory Management in a Consumer Electronics Closed-Loop Supply Chain - Manufacturing and Service Operations Management
- Working Papers - Optimal Supply Planning for Commercial Seeds
- Working Papers - Consumer Education and Regret Returns in a Social Enterprise
- Working Papers - Pricing and Job Allocation in Online Labor Platforms