The goal of LEAP is to effect change, not simply talk about it. We pursue this goal through the following four steps:
- Awareness: Using multiple lenses, we allow you to really see yourself – your behaviour and the thoughts and feelings that give rise to behaviour – and your impact on others
- Intention: Credible intentions coupled with commitments to self and others, raise the chances of successful behavioural change
- (Overcoming) Interference: Using cognitive behavioural approaches, the programme helps you develop ways to identify and overcome interference
- Practice: The modular design of LEAP enables you to repeatedly practise the new behaviours you seek, until they become habitual.
The latter describes the process LEAP employs to enable the changes you seek. The areas in which we encourage you to pursue changes include the organisational, the inter-personal and the intra-personal. We address these three levels since it is likely that you do so too in your own leadership.
We examine diverse questions at each level that are drawn from the following:
- Pursuing strategic clarity
- Leading and implementing change
- Understanding, diagnosing and managing stress in organisations
- Managing emotions in organisations
- Managing complexity
- Improving the individual and collective performance of your team
- Managing subordinate performance and development
- Holding difficult conversations and dealing with conflict
- Influencing without authority
- Networking – why and how
- The role of emotions in the inter-personal context
- Understanding yourself: your leadership behaviour and its roots, your cognitive and emotional inner programming, your real drivers
- Managing yourself: finding the right level of ambition, balancing listening and assertiveness, developing your mindfulness and resilience
- Looking forward – what kind of leader do you want to become and what are you hoping to obtain from the next phase of your professional and personal life?
- Recognising and managing your own emotions
- Functioning of the mind and the mind-body connection.
The LEAP Difference
An innovative design addressing the leadership needs of senior executives.
a carefully crafted cognitive-behavioural change process
time and careful attention to interference
characteristics, preferences and objectives
a trusted and impactful partner
in real time