NEW! Virtual session now available
The Business Strategy for HR Leaders programme is now offered via a live virtual platform, allowing you to experience the same course content and INSEAD faculty as the on-campus sessions, from anywhere in the world.
As with our on-campus session, the programme provides intensive training in strategy, enabling you to participate equally in the boardroom and contribute to the decision-making processes in your organisation.
As part of the virtual experience, you will also have access to:
- optional strategy consulting sessions - a one-on-one coaching session with INSEAD faculty to get advice and feedback on your HR strategy and goals
- a blend of class sessions and smaller group exchanges using virtual platforms and interactive tools
- virtual networking sessions enabling you to interact live with your peers
- guest lectures from INSEAD faculty demonstrating real-world case studies and cutting-edge thought leadership
- further content and videos, including “modern” HR (leveraging machine learning and artificial intelligence).
To learn more about the virtual format please contact the programme advisor.
More about the programme
The traditional operational role of human resources leaders has seen a dramatic shift in the last decade. More and more organisations have identified HR as a key business unit that has significant implications for achieving corporate objectives. Senior HR executives are expected to create substantial contributions to the strategic decision-making process. As a result, they must first develop credibility and then demonstrate the required capabilities by having a firm grasp of the key concepts, models and language of business and strategy.
Business Strategy for HR Leaders provides senior HR executives with intensive training in strategy, which will enable them to participate equally in the boardroom and contribute to the decision-making processes in their organisations. This programme focuses on empowering HR leaders with the key strategic concepts used by CEOs and corporate leaders – and demonstrates how they can use these to develop their own HR agenda to complement their organisation’s global strategic initiatives.
How you benefit
- Enhance leadership capability by acquiring the knowledge of strategic concepts that will enable a more proactive role in shaping strategy within the organisation.
- Develop the confidence to nurture key partnerships and to influence decisions on short-term productivity and long-term business strategic agendas.
- Develop an HR strategy to address the demands of change management and integration, and performance measurements in line with strategy implementation.
The programme is designed for senior HR and organisational development leaders from large multi-national firms, usually at the director or vice-president level. It is also useful for senior HR leaders from firms with large strategic expansion plans in which HR can add value. Most participants report to the CEO and/or board and manage a large international workforce. This programme is also suitable for owners, advisors and professionals of family-owned businesses who are interested in the key concepts and activities involved in strategic decision making and people management.
This programme qualifies for the INSEAD Certificate in Global Management.
As an Approved Provider of the HR Certification Institute, the Business Strategy for HR Leaders Programme has been approved for 40 business credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
SkillsFuture Study Award
Singaporeans who are officially admitted to INSEAD's Business Strategy for HR Leaders programme can apply for the Skillsfuture Study Award for Human Resource. This funding option applies to both Fontainebleau and Singapore sessions. The award entitles recipients a monetary grant of S$5,000. For more information, please visit the Skillsfuture website.
Which Strategy programme is for you?
We offer a variety of Strategy programmes designed to equip business leaders with the rigorous strategic thinking skills to uncover opportunities for creating and capturing value. View the At a Glance grid below to find out which Strategy programme best matches your needs.
Retaining workers is becoming a balancing act between hard data research and a human touch. It’s more important than ever to complement intuition with statistical analysis.
The technological revolution won’t phase the human worker out of existence, but it will change the way we work.