Strategic leadership for law firms
in a changing world
The law profession is facing a number of challenges, similar to other professions and industries: global competition and consolidation; commoditisation of many legal services; inroads from non-traditional competitors that offer an expanding number of legal services at lower cost, some helped by artificial intelligence; increasing sophistication of clients that have an expanding choice set; the development of digital platforms that aggregate services, create transparency and increase competition.
These trends create many challenges for law firms, small and large, but also offer opportunities for the firms that leverage the trends, develop a strategic vision, and adapt their organisation to be competitive in the emerging legal environment.
To be competitive, a number of skills need to be mastered, including developing a strategic analysis and view of the business; understanding the financial imperatives of being a leading firm in the emerging environment; honing negotiation skills to succeed in an environment with more diverse stakeholders; sharpening marketing skills to convince ever more sophisticated and better informed clients; augmenting leadership skills to position and guide the firm in the new environment; master appropriate and effective corporate governance architecture for law firms.
Working in partnership, INSEAD and Carnelutti bring together legal sector expertise and cutting-edge thought leadership from world-class faculty.
How you benefit
- Gain the tools and knowledge to make a difference. The programme will provide the models, tools and experiences to help lawyers master the management and leadership challenges and opportunities of law firms in the rapidly changing environment
- Share experiences and insights. The participants will engage in discussions about a number of topics: strategy analysis, marketing planning, leadership skills, corporate governance for law firms, financial analysis process, competing in the digital age
- Be immersed in an international classroom. The global environment of INSEAD combined with the diverse, international experience of the participants will provide a fertile and inspiring work environment to exchange best practice
- Senior Partners of law firms
- Managing Partners
- Members of Management Committees of law firms
- Head of law firm departments
- Partners interested in developing managerial skills
- Managers and General Managers of law firms
This programme qualifies for the INSEAD Certificate in Global Management.
Carnelutti Studio Legale Associato is one of the oldest and best known corporate law firms in the Italian market, with a strong international orientation and offices in Milan, New York, and Rome. For more information visit, carnelutti.com.
This programme will be joined by Luca Arnaboldi, managing partner of Carnelutti law firm and founding partner of the INSEAD’s Lawyers Strategic Management Programme.