INSEAD LEAD is a 12-month, online learning journey expertly designed to maximise depth of understanding, actionable learning, flexibility and impact.
The programme is built on three core pillars with core and elective programmes carefully selected to provide you with a rounded and integrative perspective on effective leadership today.
- Sensing Value: Scan the environment, identify the real trends and shifts affecting business and assess what really matters strategically to you
- Delivering Value: Reconnect structures and systems within the organisation, to be able to adapt quickly to changes in the environment
- Sustaining Value: Evaluate and identify what brings real long-term value and meaningful impact to your stakeholders
LEAD integrates four obligatory core topics and three elective tracks so you can customise your learning to your needs and objectives. Core modules are enriched by an Action Learning Project (ALP) that challenges you to apply new ideas to an existing, real-life business problem.
You will work on a core project of your choosing that you will present at the end of the core phase, to share insights and learning with fellow LEAD participants and faculty.
After finishing core and before starting elective modules, the learning journey is further enhanced by a mandatory live virtual (synchronous) delivery of Strategic Decision Making for Leaders.
The programme concludes with a Capstone project: three days of face-to-face workshops and classes.
Core Modules: Overview
Core Module 1
Fostering Innovation in the Age of Disruption
How to leverage innovation to respond to change, especially when driven by digital disruption?
- Understand the meaning of innovation and disruption, and learn about what kind of people lead innovation
- Acquire the tools and frameworks to develop a process for innovation and successfully translate your ideas into action
- Help your organisation foster innovation to forge ahead of competitors.
Core Module 2
Strategy in a Digital Age
Explore the latest tools, concepts and frameworks to turn digital threats into opportunities.
- Leverage digital to develop compelling value propositions and turn threats into an opportunity
- Execute on digital strategies by aligning key activities across your organisation with new value propositions and by balancing strategic agility with longer-term sustainability
- Gain a clear understanding of AI and its value creation power and explore key challenges in executing AI strategies.
Core Module 3
Leading in Disruptive Times
Understand the challenges facing senior leaders– from conducting fair decision-making to enabling organisations to navigate.
- Learn practical tools to help teams make critical decisions
- Acquire skills to discern the organisational culture you really have – not just the one you wish for – and how to shape that culture
- Manage through contradictory forces that firms inevitably face in fast-paced environments.
Core Module 4
Mastering Financial Analysis
Accelerate your understanding of the core financial dimensions of business.
- Enhance your literacy of financial statements and terminology
- Improve your understanding of how strategic decisions impact financial metrics
- Gain valuable insights into how revenues, costs and profits are allocated to products, customers and divisions.
Electives: Customise Your Journey
Customise your knowledge and skills by choosing 3 elective courses, delivered online and on-demand, to fit your most pressing business issues.
You select the courses that best map to your objectives and needs. Elective courses will feature projects and reflections.
Simply choose any three modules from the below elective streams - within or across streams.
- Designing and Building Digital Partnerships and Ecosystems
- Marketing Strategies in a Digital World
- Mastering AI for your Organisation
- Mastering Creativity and Design Thinking
- Communicating with Impact
- Leadership Excellence and Influence
- Leading Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Negotiation Excellence
- Management Accounting
- Mastering Fintech
- Sustainable Business
- Sustainable Finance
Live Virtual Programme:
Strategic Decision Making for Leaders
After participants finish core modules and presentations and before starting electives, participants will attend a virtual and synchronous delivery on judgement and decision-making.
Strategic Decision Making for Leaders delivers practical frameworks drawn from management science and psychology to help you improve your decision-making. You will learn to apply simple data science techniques and experiments to improve individual and team choices.
Capstone and Graduation
The INSEAD LEAD journey culminates in a capstone graduation on our Fontainbleau campus. Over 3 days participants will come together face-to-face as a community of LEAD-ers and will further solidify their learning through:
- A 2-day Workshop and Graduation with live cases
- Half day sector workshops
- Half day graduation
Action Learning Project
The Action Learning Project (ALP) is your opportunity to personalise your learning around a specific challenge or objective that you have. It will take you on a step-by-step journey by developing your own personal agenda for more effective executive presence and influence.
You will begin by reflecting on your own use of presence and influence and to situate yourself in terms of where you want to be per the needs and exigencies or your role and organisation. Each week you will hone your skills through the insights, tactics and practices elucidated by the programme, as you develop greater understanding of what it means to exercise presence and influence without power. The ALP will culminate in a personalised plan that will help you deploy the right strategies with the right people in the right context and in different leadership situations and challenges in your future leadership career.