Management Skills for International Business is a five-day programme designed specifically for managers who conduct business internationally or are posted abroad. The programme’s cross-cultural learning environment is also ideal if you are transitioning from national to international leadership roles or would like to improve your ability to lead effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
Topics are studied under the following headings.
Understanding global organisations
- The challenges that companies experience when moving from local to international to global, including how to be both locally responsive and internationally integrated
- Why and how companies put in place multi-dimensional work structures, like the ever-popular matrix system – and the practical implications for managers
- The differences between the skill sets required for effective local and global leadership
- The specific leadership challenges that come with leading in multi-dimensional structures
- Tools to increase effectiveness at managing within a matrix or other complex organisational format
- How culture impacts business effectiveness – and from there how to develop tools to influence clients, suppliers and colleagues from a variety of countries
- Understanding cultural differences, the skills to manage those differences effectively and the knowledge to navigate in complex multi-cultural situations
- How the most effective leaders and companies leverage cultural differences as team and organisational assets