Strategy in the Age of Digital Disruption is an online programme that requires you to work on multiple levels. The programme content is delivered over 5 weeks, with each week developing one part of the overall strategy framework to address the challenge of digital disruption.
Introducing digital disruption
- What is digital disruption?
- Disruption - or maybe not
- The need for a strategic response
- Strategy as fit
- Strategy and performance
Follow the value
- Seeing the big picture: value creation and value capture
- Balancing willingness-to-pay (WTP) and resource costs
- Digital's impact on WTP in B2B and B2C settings
- Disruption driving shifts in value creation and market size
- Attacks from above and from below
Capture your share
- Value capture: who and how much?
- Players in the industry value chain
- Value chain dynamics
- Competitive pressures and where to play
- Platforms and positive feedback
Digital - from threat to opportunity
- Digitally enabled value propositions
- Value propositions and internal activity systems
- Opportunities from industry convergence
- Competitive advantage and added value
- Threats to competitive advantage
Executing on digital
- The challenge of strategy execution
- Balancing strategic agility and long-term stability
- Rethinking your strategy process for agility
- Aligning value, activities and resources
- Strategic partnerships fuelling growth
[NEW]: Optional learning path focusing on AI
Strategy in the Age of Digital Disruption features an optional track focusing on AI, including an extended treatment of how machine learning and AI are creating new disruptive potentials across industries. The programme already delivers a full set of tools and concepts to analyse the threats and opportunities from such key digital trends, but new lectures have been added to specifically focus on AI and include practical illustrations across different industries and functions on the use of AI. More specifically, this track enables you to:
- Understand why AI - especially Machine Learning - has risen to prominence over the last couple of years as a key source of digital disruption
- Explore the value creation potential of AI and the extent to which it threatens to disrupt humanity
- Leverage AI to enhance your existing value proposition as well as developing whole new offerings, including the potential of machine learning to drive "winner-take-all" outcomes and high value capture
- Discuss the key challenges in executing AI strategies, including the central role of developing and integrating proprietary data resources, and the critical decision of what AI tasks to outsource and what internal capabilities need to be developed
The additional content is part of a dedicated AI learning path which runs throughout the 5 weeks of the programme.
Weekly Learning Journey
Each week of content follows a very clear path to facilitate learning for busy executives. The platform allows participants to learn at their own pace during each week, by viewing the content, completing assignments and engaging in discussions, taking on average 3-5 hours per week to complete.
Action Learning Project
Understanding digital disruption and acquiring the critical strategic tools and frameworks provide the essential foundations for your digital transformation journey. Skillfully applying these acquired tools and frameworks to your own business context will be key to strategic success.
With this in mind, the Action-Learning Project (ALP) will give you the opportunity to practise applying your learning to your own business context. Working with the learning coach, you will design an ALP that is right for your organisation and your personal learning objectives. Typically, the ALP involves a variation on one of the following:
- Develop a new digitally enabled value proposition that responds to the disruptive dynamics in your industry
- Apply the tools and concepts from the programme to develop a strategic perspective on a specific project or initiative focused on leveraging new digital technologies
- Analyse and reflect on the impact of digital on your industry and organisation, and that is developing strategic options for your organisation to respond to digital disruption.
For those attending the programme with a group of colleagues from the same company or organisation, the learning coach can help you structure a more ambitious team ALP to collaborate and work on together.
Alternatively, for those following the optional AI learning path, there will be a specialised ALP focusing on this topic.