Strategy in the Age of Digital Disruption is an online programme that requires you to work on multiple levels. The programme content is delivered over 5 weeks, with each week developing one part of the overall strategy framework to address the challenge of digital disruption.
Introducing digital disruption
- What is digital disruption?
- Disruption - or maybe not
- The need for a strategic response
- Strategy as fit
- Strategy and performance
Follow the value
- Seeing the big picture: value creation and value capture
- Balancing willingness-to-pay (WTP) and resource costs
- Digital's impact on WTP in B2B and B2C settings
- Disruption driving shifts in value creation and market size
- Attacks from above and from below
Capture your share
- Value capture: who and how much?
- Players in the industry value chain
- Value chain dynamics
- Competitive pressures and where to play
- Platforms and positive feedback
Digital - from threat to opportunity
- Digitally enabled value propositions
- Value propositions and internal activity systems
- Opportunities from industry convergence
- Competitive advantage and added value
- Threats to competitive advantage
Executing on digital
- The challenge of strategy execution
- Balancing strategic agility and long-term stability
- Rethinking your strategy process for agility
- Aligning value, activities and resources
- Strategic partnerships fuelling growth
Weekly Learning Journey
Each week of content follows a very clear path to facilitate learning for busy executives. The platform allows participants to learn at their own pace during each week, by viewing the content, completing assignments and engaging in discussions, taking on average 3-5 hours per week to complete.
Action Learning Project
Understanding digital disruption and acquiring the critical strategic tools and frameworks provide the essential foundations for your digital transformation journey. Skillfully applying these acquired tools and frameworks to your own business context will be key to strategic success.
With this in mind, the Action-Learning Project (ALP) will give you the opportunity to practise applying your learning to your own business context. Working with the learning coach, you will design an ALP that is right for your organisation and your personal learning objectives. Typically, the ALP involves a variation on one of the following:
- Develop a new digitally enabled value proposition that responds to the disruptive dynamics in your industry
- Apply the tools and concepts from the programme to develop a strategic perspective on a specific project or initiative focused on leveraging new digital technologies
- Analyse and reflect on the impact of digital on your industry and organisation, and that is developing strategic options for your organisation to respond to digital disruption.
For those attending the programme with a group of colleagues from the same company or organisation, the learning coach can help you structure a more ambitious team ALP to collaborate and work on together.