Begins 03 May 2017
developing innovation catalysts
Becoming a ‘catalyst of innovation’ in your organisation requires mastering three fundamental creative skills. You need to uncover innovation opportunities by looking at problems and situations with a user-centric mindset; you need to think differently to search for novel alternatives to your existing solution paths; and you need to embrace an experimental attitude to iteratively discover what is truly useful, feasible and viable. Such skills are at the heart of good design, and they can actually be learned and honed.
Design is a transformational force that helps organisations build innovative products, services and experiences that connect and resonate with customers. This enables meaningful and emotional differentiation in the eyes of consumers. Not surprisingly, design has become increasingly important in business circles, and organisations are increasingly trying to understand and master the competitive advantage that design can offer.
Building upon our 10-year partnership with ArtCenter College of Design in California - one of the most influential design schools in the world - INSEAD has developed a unique programme to help business leaders integrate design thinking with their business thinking for successful innovating: Innovation by Design.
How you benefit
- Acquire the mindset and managerial levers needed to develop a design-driven organisational culture, that fosters successful innovation
- Master the skills needed to sustain creative-thinking capabilities
- Acquire a methodology to allow you to put design thinking into action
- Learn how to solve problems creatively in any setting by working in interdisciplinary teams supported by designers
- Senior executives who want to strengthen their ability to lead innovation and enhance their organisation’s innovation capability
- Team leaders and managers seeking to develop and integrate cutting-edge creative practices into their business processes and corporate culture
- Executives seeking to learn new problem-solving approaches to innovation, building upon creativity research, design thinking and lean startup principles
This programme qualifies for the INSEAD Certificate in Global Management.
SkillsFuture Study Award
The Innovation by Design programme is supported by the SkillsFuture Study Awards for Designers. Singaporeans who are officially admitted to the INSEAD programme are eligible to apply for the study award which entitles recipients a monetary grant of S$5,000.
the insead creative garage
A dedicated space for students, alumni and executives in which they can generate and exchange creative ideas that integrate design and business thinking.
ArtCenter College of design
Founded in 1930 and located in Pasadena,California, ArtCenter College of Design is a global leader in art and design education.
Renowned for both its ties to industry and social impact initiatives, ArtCenter is the first design school to receive the United Nations’ Non-Governmental Organisation status.
INSEAD and ArtCenter have successfully partnered for over a decade by bringing design students to INSEAD to collaborate with MBA students in various MBA innovation related elective courses.
Related Articles and videos
A classroom for action learning, a design studio for creative projects, a gallery of innovations, and a community space to get inspired, generate, try and exchange ideas.
One of the world’s leading graduate business schools, INSEAD, asked experience design firm, Eight Inc. to help create a home for all creative activities at INSEAD’s Asia campus in Singapore.