The International Directors Banking Programme consists of three modules – governance effectiveness in the modern banking landscape; board efficiency and dynamics for high-performing culture; and developing director excellence and their boards.
Within each module, the programme will focus on three fundamental questions:
- What do bank directors need to know about the modern banking landscape to set the direction of the organisation?
- How can bank directors and executives cultivate board efficiency and positive dynamics for a high-performing culture?
- In the current context of the banking sector, how can bank directors best exercise their responsibilities to accomplish what is required in the boardroom?
Governance effectiveness in the modern banking landscape
- Scanning the global financial environment and banking landscape
- Fundamentals of director and board effectiveness
- Governance challenges in a changing banking world
- Effective governance across geographies and cultures
Board efficiency and dynamics for a high-performing culture
- Effective decision-making in the board room
- Political, social and networking competencies for board directors
- Positive boardroom dynamics through fair process leadership
- Simulation exercise - fair process leadership in action
Developing directors’ excellence and their boards
- The strategy imperative – stakeholder engagement and crisis management
- Putting it all together through a board simulation
- 360-degree evaluation of director's strengths and development opportunities
- Group coaching techniques for director improvement
- Director Personal Development Plans