The creation of the INSEAD Leadership Initiative reaffirms the school’s mission to develop “responsible, thoughtful leaders and entrepreneurs who create value for their organisations and their communities”.
As the Business School for the World, INSEAD is able to make a distinctive contribution to the study and practice of leadership by offering a truly global perspective.
The Leadership Initiative brings together members of the INSEAD community working on leadership research and leadership development. The INSEAD Global Leadership Centre is part of the Leadership Initiative. Our ambition is to make INSEAD the world’s top business school in two areas:
- Leadership research with an international focus, together with the development of innovative materials and tools for both teaching and practice
- Leadership teaching, encompassing world-class programmes for executives and courses for the school’s uniquely diverse degree participants
To accomplish our goals, we bring together and support:
- An interdisciplinary cross-section of INSEAD faculty, research staff, doctoral students and programme directors, e.g. via a monthly ‘leadership brown bag’ series
- Academics from around the world, e.g. via the INSEAD-Wharton Research on Leadership Conference
- Leaders from business and academia, through our programmes, conferences and events, e.g. the annual Global Leadership Summit