Phone: 65 6799 5331
Market Microstructure, Empirical Asset Pricing, Corporate Finance, International Finance
Capital Markets, Investments, Asset Management, Corporate Finance, Hedge Funds and Alternative Investments
Pierre Hillion is the de Picciotto Chaired Professor of Alternative Investments, held the Shell Professorship in Finance from 1999 to 2004 and is a Visiting Professor at the University of California in Los Angeles and the California Institute of Technology. He is a CEPR Research Fellow. He received his MBA from the Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales (HEC) in France, holds a DEA from the University Paris-Dauphine and is a PhD graduate of the University of California in Los Angeles. He is currently based at INSEAD Singapore.
Pierre Hillion teaches in different executive programmes given at INSEAD and at the Amsterdam Institute of Finance. He is the Programme Director of Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein and Société Générale at INSEAD. Pierre Hillion is co-directing the Advanced Asset Management programme.
Pierre Hillion was the recipient of several awards from the Q. Group, NATO, ECMI and the BSI Gamma Foundation. He has published extensively in the fields of asset and option pricing models and market microstructure.
His articles have been published in academic journals such as the Review of Financial Studies, the Journal of Mathematical Finance, the Journal of Finance, the Journal of Econometrics and the Journal of Political Economy. He is the Associate Editor of the Journal of Empirical Finance and the Journal of Financial Markets. He is the co-editor of a book entitled European Capital Markets with a Single Currency published by Oxford University Press in 1999.
Pierre Hillion works as an Academic Advisor to Union Bancaire Privée and to Lombard Odier Darier Hentsch in Geneva.
- Diversification Benefits of Funds of Hedge Funds: Identifying the Optimal Number of Hedge Funds
- China Aviation Oil (Singapore) Limited - Sliding Down a Slippery Slope: The US$550m Derivative Trading Loss of November 2004
- Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing Limited: When Rights go Wrong: The Rights Offering of September 2002
- Death Spiral Convertibles
- The Manipulation of Closing Prices
- Local Parametric Analysis of Derivatives Pricing
- The Relevance of Currency Risk in the EMU
- Log On America