Phone: 65 6799 5447
Entrepreneurship, Venture Capital/Private Equity, Strategic Management, Technological Change, Organisational Evolution and Growth, Complexity Theory
Entrepreneurship, Venture Capital/Private Equity, Innovation and Creativity, Managing Technological Change, Change Management, Leadership, Managing Growth
Philip Anderson is the INSEAD Alumni Fund Chaired Professor of Entrepreneurship and Professor of Entrepreneurship at INSEAD. He currently teaches courses in strategy, entrepreneurship, leadership, innovation, and change, and has written over 120 original cases and notes for these classes.
Professor Anderson is co-author of Managing Strategic Innovation and Change: A Collection of Readings (with Michael Tushman), published by Oxford University Press in 2004 (second edition), and Inside the Kaisha: Demystifying Japanese Business Behavior (with Noboru Yoshimura) published by Harvard Business School Press. in 1997. Inside the Kaisha was named 1997 Booz • Allen & Hamilton/Financial Times Global Business Book of the Year for Industry Analysis/Business Context. In 2010, CMO Asia’s Best B-School Awards named him “Best Professor in Entrepreneurship.”
He has consulted and/or conducted customized executive programs for companies such as 3i, the Abu Dhabi Civil Service, the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, the Abu Dhabi Crown Prince’s Court (Diwan), the Abu Dhabi Critical National Infrastructure Authority, Adidas, Aetna, Air Products, ALSTOM, American Express Financial Advisors, Astra International, Astra Zeneca, Bank Danamon, BOC, Bharti Airtel, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Centennial Funds, CIO Magazine, Commerce One, Cyanamid, DaimlerChrysler, Deutsche Bank, Dow, Eaton, Ernst & Young, Glaxo SmithKline, HeidelbergCement, Hewlett-Packard, Ittiam, J.M. Huber, Intel Capital, Interpharma, John Deere, Jones Lang LaSalle, KPMG, the Lee Evans Group, Malden Mills, Markem, McGraw-Hill, Medallion Enterprises, Merrill, Monument Group, Mubadala, Navis Partners, the New York Times, North Atlantic Capital Partners, OCBC, Pernod Ricard, Petronas, Pfizer, Polaris Ventures, Praxair, Procuritas, PricewaterhouseCoopers, RCN, RHB, Roche, Siemens PLM, Sonera, Tadawul, Telenor, The Executive Office of the Government of Dubai, TNT Express, the UAE Federal Government, Unilab and Visa.
- BOOK CHAPTERS - Technology
- BOOK CHAPTERS - Organic Growth through Internal Corporate Ventures - Cambridge University Press
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - The Next Generation
- CASE STUDIES - AtomShockwave - A Venture Rollercoaster in the Online Entertainment Industry
- BOOKS - Managing Strategic Innovation and Change - A Collection of Readings - Oxford University Press
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - From Corporate Strategy to Business-level Advantage: Relatedness as Resource Congruence - Managerial and Decision Economics
- BOOK CHAPTERS - Global Recombination: Cross-Border Technology and Innovation Management
- BOOK CHAPTERS - Entrepreneurship
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Perspective—Forming and Exploiting Opportunities: The Implications of Discovery and Creation Processes for Entrepreneurial and Organizational Research - Organization Science