Phone: +33 (0)1 6072 4801
Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Strategy, Alliances, Business Portfolio Strategy, Corporate Development
M&As and Corporate Strategy Programme Director, Mergers and Acquisitions, Alliances, Corporate Strategy, Resource Acquisition, Knowledge Sourcing
Laurence Capron is Professor of Strategy at INSEAD where she holds the Paul Desmarais Chair in Partnership and Active Ownership and is Director of the Executive Education Programme on M&As and Corporate Strategy . She is a leading expert on M&As, Alliances and Business Portfolio Growth. She recently published a book, Build, Borrow, or Buy: Solving the Growth Dilemma (Harvard Business Review Press), co-authored with Professor W. Mitchell, which examines how companies should select and balance their different modes of growth : organic growth (build), licensing and alliances (borrow) and M&As (buy). Her book is the recipient of the 2013 Best International Book Awards, granted by USA Book News. It has so far been translated in French, Portuguese and Chinese. Professor Capron received multiple awards for her teaching and research activities, including INSEAD MBA Best Teacher Award, Academy of Management Best Paper Award, McKinsey-Strategic Management Society Best Paper Award, HEC Paris Best Doctoral Dissertation Award and Syntec Federation Award for Best Research in Management. Her research has been profiled in a wide range of media including Financial Times, The Globe & Mail, Le Monde, Les Echos, The Economist, The Independent, Sunday Times, Business+strategy, Business Insider, Forbes, France 24, CFO Magazine, Irish Times, The National, The Austrailian, Engineering & Technology, Business Traveller, Economia, The Hindu, Business Standard, The Jakarta Post, Chief Executive, Knowledge@Wharton, South China Morning Post'¦ Professor Capron joined INSEAD in 1997 after serving on faculty and earning her PhD in Corporate Strategy from HEC Paris. She was visiting Professor at MIT Sloan (2011/12), Wharton (2005/06), Kellogg School of Management (2004/05). She directed the INSEAD-Wharton alliance from 2007-2010. She is on the editorial board of Strategic Management Journal, Strategy & Leadership and Senior Editor of Strategy Science.
- Role of Resource Gap and Value Appropriation: Effect of Reputation Gap on Price Premium in Online Auctions
- Do Newly Public Acquirers Benefit or Suffer from Their pre-IPO Affiliations?
- Finding the Right Path
- National Corporate Governance Institutions and Post-acquisition Target Reorganization
- Selection Capability: How Capability Gaps and Internal Social Frictions Affect Internal and External Strategic Renewal
- The Private M & A
- Competitors' Resource-Oriented Strategies: Acting upon Competitors' Resources through Interventions in Strategic Factor Markets and Political Markets
- Acquisitions of Private versus Public Firms: Private Information, Target Selection and Acquirer Returns
- When do Acquirers Earn Abnormal Returns?