Phone: 65 6799 5494
Branding, Marketing and the Internet, Creativity and Innovation, Aesthetics and Product Design, Marketing in Emerging Economies
Branding, Customer Focus, Communication Strategy, Consumer Behaviour, International Marketing Strategy
Banking and Insurance, Electronic & Electrical Equipment, Household Goods & Textiles, Pharmaceuticals and Health
Amitava Chattopadhyay is an expert on branding and his research has appeared in leading journals including the Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Consumer Psychology, Journal of Marketing, Marketing Science, Management Science, International Journal of Research in Marketing, and Long Range Planning. Most recently, he has published a book entitled The New Emerging Market Multinationals: Four Strategies for Disrupting Markets and Building Brands.
Professor Chattopadhyay is an Associate Editor at the Journal of Consumer Psychology, and an Area Editor at the International Journal of Research in Marketing. He is also on the editorial review boards of the Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Long Range Planning, Social Science Research Network, International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising, and the International Journal of Marketing Education. He has been a member of the Advisory Board of the Association for Consumer Research, and is currently serving on the Board of the Association. For his research, he has been the recipient of several awards, including the Robert Ferber Award. He is a Fellow of the Institute on Asian Consumer Insight.
Professor Chattopadhyay has developed and taught courses on branding, marketing strategy, communication strategy, consumer behaviour, marketing in emerging economies and international marketing for MBA and PhD students. He has taught in executive programs in Europe, The Americas, Asia, Australia and Africa. He is on the advisory boards of several companies and a consultant to multinational firms. Professor Chattopadhyay is co-directing INSEAD Leadership Programme for Senior Executives - India.
Professor Chattopadhyay holds a PhD from the University of Florida, a PGDM from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, and a B.Sc. (Honours) degree from Jadavpur University, India.
- Defensive Reactions to Slim Female Images in Advertising: The Moderating Role of Mode of Exposure
- Unconscious Creativity: When can Unconscious Thought Outperform Conscious Thought?
- The New Emerging Market Multinationals: Four Strategies for Disrupting Markets and Building Brands
- A Global Brand Management Roadmap
- The Different Roles of Product Originality and Usefulness in Generating Word-of-Mouth
- The Persuasive Role of Incidental Similarity on Attitudes and Purchase Intentions in a Sales Context
- CAM: A Spreading Activation Network Model of Subcategory Positioning When Categorization Uncertainty is High
- Valuing Time: Moderate Download Times Can Improve Online Goal Pursuit
- On the Perceived Value of Money: The Reference Dependence of Currency Numerosity Effects
- The Valence of Initial Evaluation, Challenge Characteristics, and the Magnitude of Evaluation Revisions
- The Importance and Functional Significance of Affective Cues in Consumer Choice
- Name Letter Branding: Valence Transfers when Product Specific Needs Are Active
- Managing Brand Experience: The Market Contact Audit